". . . he climbed up in a Sycamore tree for the Lord he wanted to see . . ."

About Me

Father of three beautiful daughters. Husband of but one wife. Somewhat reluctant and slightly inept Sycamore tree for a group of young disciples taking the first steps of their journey . . .

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunny Days Sweeping the Clouds Away

Okay, more on the Daily Bible in the week to come. Yes, I am caught up, but keeping up with reading AND maintaining a BLOG with is like raising three daughters AND having a new puppy in the house . . . I mean just as a hypothetical example. :)

. . . anyhow, just returned from speaking in Tampa so as I catch my breath, I will simply reflect on the current poll (coolest sesame street character) . . . which has (at this writing) 21 hours remaining. I am glad to see Cookie Monster winning . . . and NO I don't put the poll choices in he order I prefer them.

I mean . . . these characters mean one thing to kids, but they mean more to those of us who have already grown up and seem to be more interested in cookies than in blue monsters hawking them (or hogging them).

So who do you think I left out as cool characters . . . and PLEASE don't list Elmo or Prairie Dawn.

Others I did not have room for but who rank WAY up there in the hip factor:

Sherlock Hemlock
The Yep Yep Yep Aliens
Snuffleupogus
The Amazing Mumford (you know . . . A LA PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES)

Who would YOU like to have seen on the poll?

I promise to return to the eternal questions of my Daily Bible thoughts tomorrow . . .

. . . but in my constant quest to find the truth in odd places and to follow Jesus words, "The Kingdom is like . . . " I would offer this:

A puppet is simply something that is given life (bringing joy to others) when it submits to the power of a guiding hand within.

hmmmm.

Depending on your openness to the Spirit, maybe I should consider adding YOU as a choice of coolest puppets????

2 comments:

Ben Pearcy said...

just gonna let you know that it is the yip yip aliens as apposed to the yep yep aliens. a minor but important detail. "yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip"
Ben Pearcy

Mike Jones said...

I can't remember who you had up on the original poll now but I always thought Ralph the dog was pretty cool. He could play a mean piano and dish out advise to Kermit all in the same segment. He was (and still is I guess) pretty smooth.